Here is my original recipe for this fast and easy pasta salad.
Imitation Crab and Pasta Salad
(Makes 2 servings)
What you will need:
plus mayonnaise and imitation crab meat (sorry, I forgot to get those out of the refrigerator before I took the picture).
1 1/2 C veggie spirals pasta (6 oz.)
1/4 C Thrive FD chopped spinach
1 T Thrive carrot dices
1 T Thrive FD chopped onion
2 T Thrive mixed peppers
1/4 C mayonnaise (I use lite)
1 T dry Ranch Dressing mix
1/2 C imitation crab meat (approximately 4" X 4" chunk)
1-2 T Thrive bacon TVP (optional)
1. Bring 2 quarts lightly salted water to a full boil and slowly add pasta so that the water doesn't stop boiling. Continue to boil for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
2. While the pasta is boiling place spinach, carrots, peppers and onions in separate bowls. I put peppers and onions in the same bowl. Use a spray bottle to spray water on the vegetables in each bowl. ( I read this trick on another consultants blog and it works so nicely. No more draining off all those vitamins!) Stir with a fork and let them sit a couple of minutes and spray again. The spinach and carrots should look, feel and taste like fresh.
3. Between spraying and stirring the vegetables combine the mayonnaise and dressing mix in another bowl. Stir it well until all the powder is absorbed into the mayonnaise.
4. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.
5. Cube the crab meat into bite size pieces.
6. Place pasta, crab meat, spinach, carrots and peppers/onions in a serving bowl and stir in the mayonnaise dressing mix to coat all ingredients. Add the bacon TVP and stir again.
That's it! Now doesn't that look tasty? Enjoy!